Sunday 3 January 2010

More about what is our job in life

Yesterday I was meditating on Psalm 23 - on what the Shepherd was doing, and the job of the sheep in there.Shepherd was pretty much doing everything.
Sheep had to- allow themselves to be lead
- eat from the green pastures
- drink from the water He took them to
- allow Him to restore their soul
- come and dine with Him
- trust in His rod and staff when they went through the valley of the shadow of death and not fear
- bring their empty cups so He could fill it up
- come into His house where He invited them to dwell all the days of their lives
So there was nothing about self discipline and works programs there. 

Answer:
Well, you do have to eat and drink and be merry because tomorrow we die to the way we've lived and are raised in newness of life with a recreated world according to 2Peter chapters 1 and 3.  I've been rethinking daily communion again, today, 'til at least summer time 'cause it would obviously push me further into the Word to keep it fresh and full of His Presence and 12 legions of angels.  No conviction yet to do that, but I may do it for a few days, anyway, and see if what begins in the flesh ends up in the Spirit, and if I fall off of the waggon on consistently doing that again, then obviously it's not where God was ready to give the increase and the grace at this particular season, and I'm not going to feel remotely condemned for not maintaining the regimen when God hasn't specifically spoken it to me nor by other means quickened the revelation of the Word that I already have on the matter..

Our job in life is to make it very easy for Holy Spirit to totally take us over, and obviously a weekly trip to the pizza buffet isn't likely to facilitate His invasion of my world, but if He were to choose to, my latching on to the bread and cup for a few days may trigger a response if I take that into my prayer and meditation closet
.

No comments:

Post a Comment